SPM : The Roles and Responsibilites of Project Managers
PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERVICES FOR BUILDING PROJECTS
- The provision of project management services, which is additional to project consultancy services, is applicable for all projects, ie, both in-house and farm-out.
- Scope of Services
2.1 Preliminary Services
- Development of the Master Programme in consultation with the Client and the Architect. The programme showing the overall time-basis for all phases of development will be used to monitor the progress of the project.
- Assist the Client in the appointment of consultants.
2.2 Design Management Services
- Assist the Client in the design development process to achieve the project’s time, cost, and value objectives.
- Reviewing in collaboration with the Client and Consultant, the adequacy of the development plan.
- Monitoring all necessary applications for planning and building approvals with government bodies.
- Monitoring design work progress and liaison between consultants.
- Monitoring of project’s overall master programme and cost.
- Convening of special meetings amongst consultants for programme and budget tracking purposes.
2.3 Contract Documentation Services
- Close monitoring and coordination of all appointed consultants.
- Monitor the consultant’s submission of planning and building approvals and permits.
- Advising the Client on the consultant’s recommended contractual arrangements and packaging.
- Monitoring the preparation of contract documentation.
- Advising the Client on the evaluation and analysis of tender done by the consultants.
2.4 Contract and Construction Management Services
- Monitoring and streamlining post-contract administration and procedures.
- Continue monitoring of all works by the team of consultants and contractors.
- Initiating and directing of the maintenance of efficient expenditure control systems.
- Managing the project to meet the time, cost, and quality objectives.
- Monitoring of overall site construction with the view of forecasting problems for their prevention.
- Close monitoring of all potential cost and time variations to the contracts.
- Recommending payments to contractors and consultants.
2.5 Post Construction Management Services
- Monitoring actions taken by contractors and consultants to achieve targeted completion dates.
- Monitoring of receipt of all necessary as-built drawings, operation and repair manuals, and all guarantees and warranties by the Consultants to Client.
- Monitoring of defect rectification during the defects liability period.
- Monitoring and negotiating on the Client’s behalf, if necessary, the main contract final account.